POST-CARE PERMANENT EYELINER
- Apply a cold or ice pack to the treated area for four hours following treatment to reduce swelling. It’s very important to keep all moisture away from the treated area to speed up healing time and to maximize the vibrancy of color. For your comfort, remove the pack every five minutes and then reapply the pack for another five minutes.
- To avoid old body oils, cosmetics and cream regimes rubbing into your new permanent makeup, we strong recommend a new, clean pillowcase. Ant pigment residue from the procedure may stain your pillowcase for at lease one week after your appointment.
- Apply an ice pack as part of your morning regimen. It’s very important to keep all moisture away from the treated area to speed up healing and to maximize the vibrancy of color. Swelling due to a horizontal sleeping position will be most prominent in the morning. While applying the ice pack, being vertical in a seated position is best. The ice pack is not mandatory, but recommended for your comfort.
- Avoid wearing mascara for at least a week after the permanent eyeliner procedure. Do not wear any type of “Waterproof” mascara for a full 30 days.
- Gently clean the treated areas each morning and evening with tepid, clear water and your clean fingertips. Pat the areas dry, avoid scrubbing or rubbing the areas. Do not use any soaps, cleaning creams, lotions or chemicals to the pigmented area(s). Instead, use a very thin application of A&D Ointment or Vaseline two to three times daily (less is more!). If redness occurs, discontinue the ointment and contact us.
- We strongly recommend that you don’t apply any makeup to the treated area for at least 5 days. Refrain from soaking the treated area(s) in a bathtub, hot tub swimming pool or steam. Avoid the sun and do not scratch or rub the area.
- Do not use soaps, cleaning creams, chemicals or baby oil on the pigmented area(s). You risk stripping or rubbing away some of the color before your skin has had a chance to heal fully.
- Do not use “saline” solution for contacts. The salt product will lighten your eyeliner if used during the first month of healing. Instead, use an eye irrigation solution as a substitute until your permanent eyeliner is fully healed.
- Avoid exposing the treated areas to the sun or a tanning bed.
- Keep products containing Retin A, Glycolic Acid or Alpha-Hydroxy Acids a half in away from your eyes at all times, as these product can ruin the integrity of your permanent cosmetics.
- Anytime of “make-up remover”, regardless of name brand, can also ruin the longevity of your permanent cosmetics.
The treated area(s) will appear very intense and bright immediately after the procedure. It may appear to be took dark for up to 30 days after the procedure. Remember that as the skin heals and the pigmented areas set, the colors will soften and blend.